Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Yellow Mums

My front tree was starting to look bored, so on my way home from work, I grab some garden soil and some yellow mums.

I so much love the color yellow.  I have read on multiple nursery sites that mums are perennials plants however the tend to dye off during winter front. So I have research on ways to protect these  mums plant during winter frost to see if the would regrow for spring. I will update on this topic next spring I almost forgot to mention that I do  live in deer roaming central however, i couldn't resist. So here is the before and after pics. They are protected with plant skydd which is a blood meal organic fertilize rodent resistant product which is currently working for my back yard hostas This tree is also parent to three patriot hostas that are for some reason struggling to grow. I am not sure if it is due to mature tree roots or soil. Hopping next year they all bloom better. 

2 comments:

  1. It still looks pretty good! I am not into gardening. Well, I've actually never tried, but still. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. This is a learning process for me as well lol.

    ReplyDelete